1. You will need: scissors, thread, tissue paper, tape and a party hat.
2. Using one sheet, cut the tissue paper into long, thin strips. Since the tissue paper was already folded, I didn’t need to fold it. But if your tissue paper isn’t folded, folding it will make this step easier.
3. I tied a long piece of thread around the middle of the tissue strips, making sure the thread is long enough to feed all of the way through the hat. After the strips were tied together, I cut all of the ends of the tissue paper strips to make the pom pom effect.
4. Then I fed the thread through the top hole.
5. I pulled the thread tight and then taped it to the inside of the party hat. Then I trimmed the thread so that it wouldn’t show out the bottom.
6. Here’s what it should look like when you’re done.
Then I fluffed each of the pom-poms. Ta Da!
For more Car Party posts, click on the tag below.