As I already said, the majority of the budget of this party was allotted to the party games and the party favors. So I got a little creative and figured out my own way to make a vine. I wasn’t sure what I was going to use it for, and it ended up just hanging form the light. But if you ever need to know how to make a vine, here you go…
1. Using a roll of brown craft paper, I cut off a bunch of 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick strips of paper.
2. I folded each strip into quarters.
3. Then I wrapped each folded strip around my finger to make a crazy, spirally vine piece.
4. Ta Da! A bunch of crazy, spirally vine pieces.
5. Using scraps of green fabric and felt, I cut out leaf shapes using my pinking shears (the scissors that make the triangle edge).
6. There isn’t a picture of this, but with my sewing machine I sewed a straight line down each vine piece, adding leaves randomly (this also flattened out and strengthened the vines). I also sewed the long vine pieces together by overlapping them a little bit and back stitching, making one continuous vine.
For more safari fun and to see all of the jungle party posts, click on the Diego Jungle Party tag below.