Here are some super simple notebooks that you can make for back to school ideas. Use them either as an activity or for party favors if you’re having a school themed party. Or you could give one to your favorite teacher. Gifts are always welcome, just sayin.
1. You will need a 5″ x 8″ notepad cut in half, a paper trimmer, scrapbooking paper, double sided tape, embellishments. Most office supply stores will cut your notepad in half for a small fee.
2. Trim your scrapbooking paper to fit the width the of the notepad–about 2. 5 inches, leaving extra paper in the length.
3. Carefully line up the paper at the bottom of the notepad and fold the paper over the top of the notepad and down the back. Trim the excess paper in the back, leaving enough to cover a bit of the back of the notepad.
4. Using double sided tape, tape over the small top part of the notepad (it’s green on the example) in the front, on the top, and in the back. Refit the scrapbooking paper over the notepad and press the paper to the double stick tape. Your scrapbooking paper cover should only stick to the small top part of the notepad so that you can lift the cover and write on the notepad.
5. Embellish however you’d like. We stamped the date of the school year on one notebook and the name of the teacher on another. And I like to add ribbon as well. If you have any questions, ask me in the comments.
For more back to school ideas, click on the tag below. Photos by Nicole Hill Gerulat. ©One Charming Party.