We were contacted several months ago by Real Simple to do a holiday craft for their blog. Sara had this snow globe idea. I think it’s perfect for a teacher or a co-worker (someone with a desk). Everyone likes a gift card, but sometimes it’s hard to make it look like a thoughtful and clever present.
Simple Gift Card Snow Globes
Supplies: a jar with a lid (we used empty salsa and olive jars), a gift card, a small embellishment (we bought ours at a local craft store), a hot glue gun, glitter, some ribbon and water
1. Wash the lid and jar. Remove any stickers.
2. Spray paint the jar lid if you would like a different colored lid.
3. Glue a thick line of hot glue onto the base of the gift card. Stick it to the inside of the lid.
4. Glue the embellishment onto the inside of the lid, in front of the gift card. Let the glue set for an hour.
5. Add some glitter to the jar and fill with water.
6. Tightly screw the lid back onto the jar.
7. Tie a ribbon around the base of the jar, if desired.
*We tested these gift cards after a week and they still worked. However, we don’t recommend leaving the gift cards in the water longer than a week.
All photos by Nicole Gerulat.