Helping your kids set up a lemonade stand this summer? Here are a few tips:
- Use wooden crates instead of a table. Angle the bottom row of crates for a sturdier set up and use zip ties to secure them together. Face some of the crates with the opening to the front for storing goodies and use the back facing crates to store extra supplies and the cash box. When lemonade stand season is over, you can use the wooden crates around your house.
- Don’t send your best glass dishes outside for the lemonade stand. Find plastic and acrylic look-a-likes that look great but won’t break: a deli container from the grocery store, acrylic lemonade pitcher, acrylic canisters, and a yellow plastic tray from Home Goods.
- Give a regular old cash box some pizzazz with a coat of spray paint (from Valspar, “summer leaf” in satin finish).
- Fold small doilies in half and tape together over a piece of string for a simple summer decoration.
- Add some fresh lemon slices to your lemonade to make it even more enticing.
- Serve lemonade in 12 oz plastic cups with lids (from Smart and Final) for a sophisticated look.
- Cute green striped straws and assorted bags will attract some customer attention.
- Print out some cute lemonade stand printables.
Photos by Nicole Hill Gerulat. Graphic design ©One Charming Party.