I remember one Thanksgiving (six years ago) very clearly. I had just given birth to our last child the day before Thanksgiving and I wasn’t about to take my brand new baby and three other kids out to a crowd of people (sorry Mom) for the family holiday dinner and risk anyone getting sick. But I was sad to miss out on Thanksgiving. So instead, my sweet husband made an entire Thanksgiving dinner for us to eat at home with our little family. That’s the last time he’s ever done that! He quickly realized how much work it is putting Thanksgiving dinner together–especially for how fast everyone gets done eating and the huge mess that’s left over. But I think he has a much better appreciation now for anyone who helps out at Thanksgiving and I’m grateful for that.
I always have mixed feelings about Thanksgiving. It’s sort of a Christmas deadline for me. I like to have my Christmas cards ready by Thanksgiving and at least some presents already purchased. And we’ve been going on family vacation after Thanksgiving Day for the past few years so that adds a little bit of stress as well. But even with all of that, I enjoy the family togetherness of this time of year and the gratitude and generosity that come along with it–I can see it more and more in my children as they get older. This year I’m definitely going to relax and enjoy Thanksgiving Day.
A few exciting things have been happening around here lately:
- We were recently in the latest printed issue of Parent’s Magazine.
- Check out Kirtsy today. We have a pretty party project in the round up that’s never been posted here. Hint: it’s pink and green.
- I was on the local Fox TV station on Saturday showing the Halloween owl cupcakes.
- I’ll be doing a monthly article on Houzz.com starting on November 15th.
- Also on November 15th, it will be the 1 year anniversary of selling our first parties. Look for a special 24 hour sale that day.
- And, we have another awesome week of giveaways next week that you won’t want to miss.
Okay, enough about me, what Thanksgiving traditions do you have? What do you enjoy about this time of year? Does anything stress you out?