Here’s a little Easter basket DIY that the kids will love. Help them make their own basket before the big egg hunt.
You will need (for each basket):
9 pieces of 24″ x 1″ felt strips – have a variety of colors for more creative fun; hot glue gun
1. Drape three strips of felt over a jar or large can. Weave another three strips of felt through the first set of strips. This will be the bottom of your basket.
2. Take a piece of felt and weave it along the side of the jar/can – going over a piece of felt, and then under the next. Repeat until you have gone around the entire can. Trim your felt to fit and secure with some hot glue.
3. Repeat with the remaining two pieces of felt.
4. Once you have weaved every piece of felt together, take your basket off of the jar/can and turn it right side up. Take two pieces of felt that are directly opposite of each other, and tie them together to form a handle. Trim the other pieces of felt so that they have 2″ of extra felt at the top.
5. Secure your weave by gluing the extra felt. The pieces that are sticking out in front get folded over into the basket and glued down. The pieces that are coming out from inside the basket, bend them over the front, tuck them underneath the first weave of felt and secure with glue.
Ta da! Now you have an adorable basket, all ready to go for your Easter egg hunt.
Photography and styling by Sara Schmutz.