If you need some apple centerpiece ideas for your next fall bash, I have few for you today. An apple tower, a mini apple vase, and you can always incorporate a few apples into your arrangement using fresh apples and a large floral pick.
Apple Tower Instructions
You will need: a wooden dowel for each tower (1/2″ or 3/4″ or just slightly smaller than the diameter of your apple corer), a flat wooden square for each tower, paint (if desired), wood glue, apples, apple corer
1. Drill a hole into a flat wooden square (the same diameter as the dowel)
2. Cute dowel to desired length
3. Insert dowel into hole and secure with wood glue
4. If desired, paint the dowel and square
5. Let dry
6. On the day of, core apples with apple corer
7. Spritz with lemon juice to prevent browning (although you can’t see it if they do brown)
8. Stack apples onto dowel
9. For the top apple, do not core all the way through, only half way. That way you have a whole looking apple on top
Apple Vase Instructions
You will need: apples, flowers, apple corer
1. Create small hole in apple (on top or to the side)
2. Find a small hardy bloom (daisies work great!) and cut stem short
3. Place bloom in hole
A few tips: Create apple vases right before event to keep them looking fresh. Try a brightly painted base or plain wood base. You can use any number of fruits or a variety. Reuse the dowels for multiple parties.
To see the finished apple centerpiece, check out my post at Disney Baby.