Hosting an at work baby shower for a co-worker presents a whole host of tricky issues: shorter party time, less control of the space, and celebrating something really personal (Having a baby! Yay!) in a professional environment. However, after helping put together a plethora of work showers, overcoming the tricky factors and pulling off something fabulous is not as hard as it seems.
Five simple steps to a great at-work baby shower:
1. Yummy Food! Something special (like these bakery-ordered mini bundt cakes) is a great way to make the mama-to-be feel special. Single serve items are a great ice breaker with shower guests and offer the added bonus of not requiring a server–guests can just serve themselves.
2. Yummy Drinks! A couple of bottles of wine or champagne, plus sparkling juice, will do the trick.
3. Cute (and disposable) Tableware! Add cute cups, some fabulous striped straws, and a stack of mod square plates and you not only dress up your treat table, you whittle your clean-up chores.
4. Easy to Hang Decorations! A standout garland or bunting–like this tassel garland–is the perfect way to personalize the space without hauling in tons of decorations. Bonus points if the garland can be hung from the table, eliminating the need for taping or tacking anything to the walls.
5. Something Personal! Custom “congrats” signs and cake toppers are the perfect finishing touch for a work baby shower. They are easy to put together and add something personal to the party.
And that’s it. Work baby showers that are manageable, easy to put together, and fun for the mama-to-be and guests alike are a win-win-win!
Photography, design + styling by Kirstin Gentry.